Born and raised in Indonesia, Kevin is an IT engineer in the Tokyo head office of creative digital marketing company – Razona Inc,. Based in Tokyo, Razona Inc. also has branch offices in Okinawa, Barcelona and Ho Chi Minh City.(JIKOPY)
- English (United States)
|Name||Kevin Cong (24)|
|Occupation type||Research and Technology|
|Japanese Skills||Before Japan：JLPT N3
Current level：JLPT N1
|Study abroad experience (Japan)||Yes|
|Latest educational history||High School|
|Work experience before Japan||None|
Why do you want to work in Japan ?
Tell us about your interests and motives of coming to Japan.
When I was in high school, I wanted to visit beautiful scenic destinations and temples. I also wanted to know more about the Japanese culture, as well as Japan’s cutting-edge technology.
When did you decide that you want to work in Japan?
When I was 18.
When did you start work in Japan?
At 23 years old.
Why do you want to work in Japan?
- The presence of Japanese companies in my country is on the rise.
- There are many things I need to learn on methods, ideas and high technology.
- Many opportunities and challenges in my career.
- To utilize of my Japanese language skills and my native language at the same time.
- I want to apply the skills I acquired from my Japanese school.
- I want to make connections in Japan.
- I want to live in Japan.
Tell us about your job search for work in Japan.
What was your method of job searching?
- Japanese recruitment websites for new graduates (Rikunabi, Mynavi)
- Through a recruiting agency based in Japan
- Headhunting (Through social networking services)
- Headhunting (Through interview)
- Recommended by someone/connections
What was your criterion when choosing a company?
- A company where I can learn and further my career in the future.
- A company with good salary / welfare.
- A company that gives me the opportunity to utilize my both my native and Japanese language skills.
When attempting to get a job in Japan, what was your biggest challenge?
Japanese written tests, SPI, and aptitude tests are too difficult for foreigners.
Tell us about your current job.
Tell us about your main role/responsibility.
I am responsible for in-house IT management, project development (mainly from web) received from clients.
Tell us about what you consider important (in your workplace) and concerns you other than your job.
To work with efficiency, maintaining a willing-to-learn mindset everyday.
Work towards customer/client satisfaction.
What is the appealing factor/attractive feature of your current employment?
I get to master my technical skills, and to be able to progressively expand the business in a global perspective.
Tell us about working in Japan.
Tell us why working in Japan appeals to you.
Getting to live in Japan, and also the pay is higher here too.
Are there any other struggles you are facing aside from work in Japan? How did you manage to deal with it?
None, as far as I know. However, I did get a surprise when I found out about how expensive the company insurance and taxes were.
Tell us about your job aspirations (Career developments) in the future.
I’d like to return to my home country and start a business.
Tell us what you do in your everyday life in Japan.
Type of accommodation.
I am currently staying in a share house.
How did you find an accommodation when you first came to Japan?
I searched through Japanese real estate websites.
How do you spend the holidays/days off?
I usually go out with my friends from the same share house, or sightseeing. I enjoy sports activities such as soccer or swimming too!
Are there any struggles that you are experiencing other than living in Japan?
Nothing in particular, really.